What are they for? Who are they for?
- I will interview those who have achieved success in their chosen (or chanced-upon) field, businesses, art, writing, design and more.
- The intention is to inspire and instruct about the ways people have overcome barriers, tough times or periods, persisted, been creative in finding solutions and created a successful result – the “Achievement Chronicles”.
- Rather than talk in generalities, I will encourage expression of actual examples and steps taken – landmark moments, hard work, luck, persuasion, going beyond the norm, the real action stories each person has – to give those watching the interviews an insider’s look, the one you would get by having a conversation with that person.
- Both 5 minute and 20-30 minute versions of each interview will be prepared – to be shown on Swindon Local TV and Bath outlets, online video channels (YouTube, Vimeo, Amazon Studios, Facebook) and, as the journey proceeds, to a wider distribution pick-up. The aim is to go to specialist and/or national channels. Growing from the humbler viewing platforms step by step.
- A professional video team will be filming the interviews.
- The interviews will be conducted at the place of business/work or home of each interviewee, or, at a local café venue where preferred.
Who might be a suitable interviewee?
- A person who has built an art gallery to high repute, a founder of a software company, an artisan, an architect, an engineer, a writer, an actor, the creator of a festival as a fixture on the annual calendar – so we turn around and say “that’s an interesting story, work well done, informative”. We can learn from what they have to tell us. We can be inspired.
- Where desired, an interviewee can also commission a version or extracts edited specifically to use for their own benefit.
If I took an example from my own life (if I were interviewing myself!), starting an online travel business in Greece in 2001 from zero – with all the technical, cultural, business and bureaucratic hurdles it took – knowing nothing previously, about the travel business – making a successful company from that starting point – would be one programme that would be of benefit and interest to viewers.
The Interviewer – Who – Why?
A few of the things that have led me to be The Interviewer now:
- I have lived, worked and created businesses in the USA, Greece and the UK. I have travelled to a number of countries, under varied circumstances. I have always attracted magical meetings with people who had fascinating and thought-provoking stories to tell. From a company driver in the traffic chaos of Lagos – Nigeria, to the president’s brother in Peru, to a conversation with President Ramos of the Philippines while we happened to travel on parallel escalators after a conference, to helping a frightened Japanese electronics company’s sales director whilst he was visiting Africa and crossing a border post – whilst stones were threateningly being hurled at us by local kids, to a two hour conversation with musician Frank Zappa – a few meetings to kindle the spirit of inquiry and learning.
- I write, I paint vibrant and colourful, abstract canvases and I create business ventures.
- I comment on the economies of Greece and the world, technology startups and the travel business.
- I created a charity benefit event for Disabled Children’s Horse-riding centres across the USA, a three week drive from coast to coast, with scheduled stops at these special centres en route. At each stop, TV and press representatives were present for my “grand arrival”, helping those centres raise funding and more importantly, attract volunteers. Driving an Alfa Romeo Spider (rare in California – unknown in most other states, thus a major attention-getter), loaned for the adventure by the company – this was titled “An Englishman, A horse and A Spider”.
- I have spoken giving featured talks at universities, about subjects ranging from the market for music videos to International Studies.
This will be good. Quality, informative, educational, entertaining and inspiring programming!
If you are, or know someone I should interview, please contact me. Let’s enjoy a rewarding conversation.
The interview: Wherever you feel comfortable!